The freshStart Vision
A fresh start means
- An opportunity to start over without prejudice
- Taking positive steps towards a better future
- To nurture new possibilities and make them happen
We want to equip the children of Smutsville through simple life lessons of effort, responsibility and reward, to make a fresh start in life. We want to support the community in helping their children to create a better future for themselves; changing an attitude of entitlement to one of empowerment.
Our mission is to help people help themselves.
- To empower people in Smutsville by creating projects with a common focus on helping people to help themselves and make a fresh start
- To create a platform for people from all walks of life to volunteer their time, energy, resources and skills
- To be positive role models, encourage good behaviour and create a safe environment in which the children have fun and may blossom
- To encourage recycling and care for the environment
- To promote awareness of our projects and fundraising activities
- Each initiative will be kept simple, reward effort, and develop self-worth
- Our initiatives will be sustainable, and complimentary
- Our projects are managed by unpaid volunteers
- We don’t give handouts
freshStart Sedgefield is governed by a constitution, a Management Committee and a Board of Directors. Its activities are managed by a dedicated team of unpaid volunteers. Regular meetings and coaching sessions are held for volunteers.
Jennifer and Antony Tooley
Thank you for your vision and labour of love birthing this project.